w211 electronic boot Lid button not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mav01987

Car
w211
Hi all

I hope you are all doing ok.

So the problem I am having is that the boot lid opens fine with the key, handle on the boot lid & interior button ( it also closes fine with the interior button ) but it does not close when I press the button in the boot neither does it close and lock when I press the lock button located in the boot. All boot lights etc are working without issue.

Any ideas or suggestions on what could be causing this would be great, Thanks

It will be broken truck wiring.

You need to take the left side of the interior parts out and check the truck wiring.

I have a similar issue, though I can hear the motor operating when I press the automatic close button in the boot / trunk. It’s almost like there is a cable that should be operated off the motor that isn’t connected, any ideas on where to start the hunt?

I’m not sure if this is related, but the boot opening button from the driver door doesn’t operate the boot.

It will be broken truck wiring.

You need to take the left side of the interior parts out and check the truck wiring.
Might this still be the case if the motor sounds like it's working? I ask because I have the same symptoms i.e. the automatic boot close doesn't work, but something can be heard when it is pressed. I have stripped back the boot covers and found a small part turning when the button is pressed but it doesn't seem to activate anything else, which I expect it should be doing. Can anyone help me determine how this set of cogs should work, I'm struggling to see where mine is going wrong.

See the video attached:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom