W211 Elegance Ride height

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KurttheMerc

Car
2003, E270CDI
I am sure this has more than likely been mentioned in the past but can anyone let me know what the ride height of a 2003 W211 Elegance E-class estate is please, Centre of wheel to wheel arch both front and rear. The car has a Witter towbar fitted and at 365mm I think it is too low. The drivers manual suggests the centre of the towball (MB Type) should be in the order of 400mm, so quite some difference.

Don't all E class estates have self-levelling suspension at the rear? Are you measuring with the engine running?

Whitenemesis
Thanks for your prompt response. Yes it has self levelling and it does work and yes, measured with engine running. I've also got in and out of the rear to load and unload the suspension quickly and it goes up and down quite nicely so it does seem to work. The measurements I have at the moment with the car empty, engine running are 360mm rear, 400mm front.

I don't know what the measurement should be on the E class but on my C270 estate the rear arch clearance was noticeable less than the front.

Is there any scope for height adjustment on the actual towball attachment?

It is a removable hitch so no adjustment as far as I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom