w211 - Engine won't Start!! CPS,Timing Chain,Fuel Pump????? Help Pls..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

madbullirl

SUPPORTER
Hi All,
First time poster but have found info on here invaluable in the past so i hope you can help. I have a 2004 E200 Kompressor, 180Klm on clock, had regular services and just had one about 3 weeks ago as the engine sounded like it was pulling dirty gunk from the sump(sorry im not a mechanic by any standards) so they gave it a full oil change and all seemed fine. Today the car was runing fine, pulled into the drive and parked up, 20mins later the engine would not start but when i turned the key it sounded like it was turning over but not getting fuel. Got dealer to collect it and am waiting to hear back from them(it was 4.00pm on a friday when they collected it so no work done on it yet) on monday, i looked on here and it sounds like it could be the CPS, the man who collected it said that more than likley its the fuel pump and the man in the "shirt and tie" who booked it in was saying that it sounded like the timing chain(pls god no!!)????? I will get my answer on monday but it the suit trying to take me for a ride on it. 95 euro per hour just to look at it and he said that it will be 3-4k to fix if it is the timing chain??
Thanks for your help
G

Solved

Well my engine is F*cked and Mercedes dont want to konw anything akout it. they quoted me 6k for a new engine and 2.5k to fit it!!! looking at a few used ones in the uk for about 1300 pounds and my local mechanic said it will cost about 500 euro to fit..big difference.. Also found that Mercedes UK are much much beter on pricing that rip off rep of ireland... :(

what else was done when the oil was changed ???????????

see receipt.

was it a Merc garage that change oil etc ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom