W211 esp fault visit workshop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tomg

Car
E320 cdi
Hi all
intermitant fault display but getting more often. Gone from once a month to once a week now. Can turn ESP off when not displayed but no response when fault displayed. Any ideas ?
Thanks tomg

Hi all
intermitant fault display but getting more often. Gone from once a month to once a week now. Can turn ESP off when not displayed but no response when fault displayed. Any ideas ?
Thanks tomg

Hi i had this happen a couple of weeks ago & it has never reappeared,most on here suggested it was low battery voltage(it appeared after restarting the car after having stoped for a few minutes),so i would get the battery checked initially:thumb:

Get it on a Star firstly. Low voltage faults are easily picked up on a Star.

Having this same thing on odd occasion, also getting battery protection warning. Guess my question already answered cheers guys

Had the same problem with ESP, ABS and BAS malfunction messages appear. The ABS light also came on. One day the car went into limp mode. The car was Ok after switching off the engine and on again. Took it to my local indie and they diagnosed a faulty ABS sensor and wheel bearing. Hope this wasn't the case for you.

I had the same problem with ' esp fault visit workshop ' going on and off. A very simple fix was having the car tracked for all 4 wheels. If your steering wheel is not straight with your wheels facing forward then the steering angle sensor will give this message and knock off your esp. cost me £19.99 at Wilco Motosave.

Hi i had this happen a couple of weeks ago & it has never reappeared,most on here suggested it was low battery voltage(it appeared after restarting the car after having stopped for a few minutes),so i would get the battery checked initially:thumb:
Low battery voltage caused this and other display problems on my car, the battery was over 5yrs old and had just over 12v,

You can check the battery voltage by doing this ........

Turn key to position 1. Within 2 seconds press the reset stalk 3 times and there will be a beep. You should then see the first screen of the 'engineering display' showing battery voltage (think you need a little over 13volts) If you scroll through the following screens you will see Dynamometer on/off, Instrument and oil level info followed by VIN no.

Tried it on my 2003 32ocdi and it all worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom