W211 esp inoperative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys just changed a track rod end and after driving car home from my garage this warning came up 'esp inoperative' check manual, I have to get steering alignment done and the steering wheel is almost 90degrees out could this cause the fault msg? Ive plugged car into my scanner but no faults or eml on

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

With engine running try turning lock to lock a few times.

Hi,
Whether the steering wheel is causing this issue or not take it back and get them to do the alignment again, and do not allow them just to take the steering wheel off and straighten it up, They need to slacken off one track rod end whilst tightening up the other this will then pull the steering wheel straight. I am willing to bet that this is the cause for the ESP Light.
Did they not lock the steering wheel straight when they carried out the alignment?

It needs alignment mine had the same. The ‘toe’ needed adjusting.

90 degrees out on the steering wheel for one track rod end is rather poor, the technician should have been able to get this almost spot on with a tiny bit more care.

This does sound poor. I've done my own tracking before and had the steering wheel straight.

A lot of these tyre garages are so poor at this.

Hi guys yes correct the alignment has yet to be done, ill hopefully get it done tomorrow, hopefully it will when alignment is set it will sort this issue, thanks for the comments

needs the tracking done.

Hi guys thanks for all the comments the wheel alignment was performed today and esp light now off and car back to normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom