W211 ESP light on, run flat indicator

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MORGANpl

Car
Mercedes W212 E350 AMG Bluetec Night Edition Premium Plus
I've start car went to petrol station all fine. When I went from the station and driving very short distance the ESP light come on and the run flat tyre indicator so I pull on side of the road stop engine and start after few seconds start driving light come on again.
I've arrived at work check the brake lights all are working so don't think it's the brake switch.
What I notice as well when I press brake pedal on dash comes "HOLD"
Any idea what could it be?

Tyre out of air?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tyre out of air?
Don't think so as mine doesn't have the tyres pressure sensors. There where two options on Mercedes I belive. This one(with sensor on each wheel) and one that it reads how the wheels are spinning or something like that. I've got the second option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hold function is normal .its for hills etc and autobox creep .

Both tyre pressure systems will illuminate the warning lamp should one or more tyres loose pressure.
Take 5 mins to check ...

Both tyre pressure systems will illuminate the warning lamp should one or more tyres loose pressure.
Take 5 mins to check ...
Tyre pressure is OK.

I'm not sure how it works on Merc but when I was checking the tyre pressure I could see the rear brake pads fine but when I look at the front I don't see pads at all and brake calipers are close to the discs.
I would presume that it should have like warning light on dash or message to check brakes first or that's how Merc shows that brakes are out?

Faulty ABS sensor?
Yep, mine threw tire pressure warnings randomly for a couple of weeks before the christmas tree appeared on the dash. Nice man from Mobilio fitted a new ABS sensor ;-)

Small update. Ive plug in car to snap on and got those codes:
1) 2242 One or more of the signals transmitted by controlunit N47 - 5 (ESP control unit) or N47 - 5 (ESP and BAS control module) via the CAN bus are implausible.
2) 2208 CAN signal Brake signal from control unit N10/2 (Rear signal acquisition and actuation module (SAM)is implausible.
3) D408 No CAN message was received from control unit N47 5 (ESP control unit)
4) 430A Check component S9/1 (stop lamp switch)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom