W211 Estate 2004 - Air Con problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Seftonbarn

Car
E350 CDI Estate Blue Efficiency Sport
Not sure if I have posted this in the right section but here goes.

My air con has been playing up for a while now but has now developed new symptoms. Previously if I wanted to be comfortable at about 20 Deg C I would have to set the temp at about 28 otherwise the system would blow out very cold air and one would freeze the nadges off. Now the cooling aspect of the air con appears to have stopped working. There is a switch marked "off" and now the red light on that switch is illuminated. If I press the switch marked "off" when the red light is on (in the hope of turning the air con back on) the red light flashes for about 3 seconds and the returns to sold red (off). Any ideas?

Great, is that it?

Regas will solve the problem of no cooling; it won't solve the problem of the system pushing out air at the wrong temperature, I'm afraid. I rather think the OP was hoping for a clue on that as well.

If I remember correctly there is a small fan/temp sensor behind the dashboard.

You will see a small circular grille on the dashboard towards the bottom left of the steering wheel.

These can get filled with fluff so a quick clean may sort it else it will need replacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom