W211 Estate Central locking issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lovejoytoon

Car
none as yet!
Hi all, our central locking doesn't work in that the key button doesn't open and lock the car any more and you've got to get the metal key out each time to lock and open the car, we've had the key batteries changed etc and it doesn't fix the issue.

The AA came out and said it could be an issue with the sensor, any advice please?

thanks!

Davey

The radio receiver unit is located above the nearside rear quarter window, behind the headliner. Its very common for a red wire that goes from the rear SAM unit up to the module to lose continuity. It’s easier to run a new wire than to try to find the break in the loom. I’ve repaired this fault dozens of times

The radio receiver unit is located above the nearside rear quarter window, behind the headliner. Its very common for a red wire that goes from the rear SAM unit up to the module to lose continuity. It’s easier to run a new wire than to try to find the break in the loom. I’ve repaired this fault dozens of times
you're a gent, thanks a lot! was hoping at may have been a fuse but evidently not.

think i going to find a decent indie near me and get them to fix both issues, fiddly technical jobs and me dont mix!

appreciate the reply!

Davey

Even RF signal doesn't work, IR should... if you point key near distance to drivers dooe handle and press button, lock won't open?

At this age point most of the IR door receivers are dead through water ingress

I also have the same issue with my central locking on my w211 estate very annoying, does anyone if this is a easy fix on the estate model..many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom