W211 Estate Rear SL Suspension problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

atlantimd

Car
w210 E300 estate, w211 e220CDI, SL320 R129
Hi I have a S211 estate with self leveling suspension. It was dropping on the n/s rear and if left for a few days it fully dropped. The car has 156k so i decided to get aerosus rear bags. I fitted these and which went without issue. Now the car lowers over night by about 1" both sides More on the Passenger side. I have checked for leaks cant find anything using gas leak detector. I have checked the compressor which raises the car fine and shuts off ok. I have Icarsoft MB2 the only fault i got was when i started the car with only 1 aerosus on the n/s, Once the 2 were fitted fault code cleared. Icarsoft shows the level of the rear changing.
So I am out of ideas now. Any ideas appreciated. If the car is left for 2 days the passenger side rear can be dow 2-3 inches.

I would be tempted to change the airlines. I had a series of issues with my S212 despite replacing bags, valve block and the compressor. It's very difficult to see a leak in the airlines as they are so hidden. Mine had a tiny leak that was only detectable when i made it a lot worse trying to visually inspect it! Not sure on the 211 but on my 212 there was a brass joint in front of the compressor where both lines run side by side. The extra width of the brass joint pushed the other airline onto the bodywork and it must have developed a tiny leak. I couldn't detect it with leak detector. It was only when i was pulling stuff around i made the hole worse and then could see bubbles.

Thanks Chris. I was thinking the same thing replacing 2 rear lines left and right to the T piece. Then move forward replacing from section from foot well to compressor. As you mention the pipes at the compressor my self levelling on the s211 has 1 white 4mm pipe. It has a bit of wear from rubbing against the wire to the motor. I have sprayed it and no bubbles and the line is holding pressure. Wondering could that be an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom