W211 facelift: AC hidden menu. How?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

selphy

Car
Mercedes E220CDi
Hello,

Can someone tell me how to access the hidden menu for the Air Con on my 2008 E220CDi? Most of the online guides suggest holding down REST, or OFF+REST, or just AUTO but none of these combinations work on my car, either with the ignition on, or engine running. Is there a definitive method for the facelift W211? I'm sure I did it once before by accident!

My car has the Auto button inside the passenger temperature setpoint rotary dial (left hand side) and the REST button inside the drivers side temperature setpoint rotary dial (right hand side)

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure I saw a video on YouTube that showed it on a facelift 211. I was interested as I'd heard about the hidden menu somewhere. I'm sure the video that I saw also listed the different modes, etc..

I'm pretty sure I saw a video on YouTube that showed it on a facelift 211. I was interested as I'd heard about the hidden menu somewhere. I'm sure the video that I saw also listed the different modes, etc..

Any chance of a link? I can't find any instructions that work with my car.

I tried various combinations yesterday in my CLSas I would be interested to see some of the stats. I couldn't get the hidden menu to work.

I think the issue is on our later cars the temp number is on the rotary dials rather than the screen. If you look at the AC display when the sun is shining on it you can see there is no facility to display numbers, only symbols eg fan speed and direction. So I don't think this hidden menu will work on later cars.

I tried various combinations yesterday in my CLSas I would be interested to see some of the stats. I couldn't get the hidden menu to work.

I think the issue is on our later cars the temp number is on the rotary dials rather than the screen. If you look at the AC display when the sun is shining on it you can see there is no facility to display numbers, only symbols eg fan speed and direction. So I don't think this hidden menu will work on later cars.

What's in the hidden menu?

What's in the hidden menu?

On mine there are 99 parameters that can be read giving temperatures, pressures, voltages, etc, for various sensors. Here are the first few:

NR.00:
In Car Temperature Sensor (N22/b1), ACC Pushbutton Control Module (N22) Front Compartment

NR.01:
In Car Temperature Sensor (N70b1), Overhead Control Panel (OCP) (N70)

NR.02:
Outside Temperature Sensor (B14)

NR.03:
Heater Core Temperature Sensor Left (B10/2) Front Compartment

NR.04:
Heater Core Temperature Sensor Right (B10/3) Front Compartment

NR.05:
Evaporator Core Temperature Sensor (B10/6) Front Compartment

NR.06:
Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor (B11/4)

NR.07:
Refrigerant (R134A) Pressure Sensor (B12) [bar]

NR.08:
Refrigerant (R134A) Temperature Sensor (B12/1)

NR.09:
Under Cooling(?)

NR.10:
Blower Control Voltage, Front Compartment

NR.11:
4 Quadrant Sun Sensor (B32/2) Front Left

NR.12:
4 Quadrant Sun Sensor (B32/2) Front Right

NR.13:
4 Quadrant Sun Sensor (B32/2) Rear Right

NR.14:
4 Quadrant Sun Sensor (B32/2) Rear Left

NR.15:
Average Insulation Value

NR.16:
Multi-function Sensor, Carbon Monoxide (CO) (B31/1) Value: 0 – 1023

NR.17:
Multi-function Sensor, Nitrous Oxide (NOx) (B31/1) Value: 0 – 1023

NR.18:
Multi-function Sensor, Dew Point Temperature (B31/1)

NR.19:
Max Under Cooling

NR.20:
Engine Coolant Electric Fan (M4/3) Value: 0% – 100%

NR.21:
Engine Speed

NR.22:
Ground Speed

NR.23:
Illumination {Dimming}

NR.24:
Battery Voltage

NR.25:
Not Used

NR.26:
Not Used

NR.27:
Centre Vent (N18/4) Left Potentiometer Front Compartment Value: 0% – 100%

NR.28:
Centre Vent (N18/4) Centre Potentiometer Front Compartment Value: 0% – 100%

NR.29:
Centre Vent (N18/4) Right Potentiometer Front Compartment Value: 0% – 100%

NR.30:
Heat Exchanger Air Temperature Left, Rear Passenger Compartment (B10/9)

NR.31:
Heat Exchanger Air Temperature Right, Rear Passenger Compartment (B10/10)

NR.32:
Evaporator Core Temperature Sensor, Rear Passenger Compartment (B10/11)

etc...

In another mode you can test the operation of the stepper motors for the flaps, reset the system, etc.

Any chance of a link? I can't find any instructions that work with my car.

If I remember, I'll try to see if I can find the video I'm referring to and post a link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom