W211 facelift conversion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
and the wealth of information on this site still shocks me ;)

A facelift avantgarde doesn't have visible tips, but a sport does, is that what you mean? And the sports were available pre-facelift so wouldn't you be able to get the backboxes off a pre-facelift sport? Or just get the tips put on your existing backboxes if in a good state?

I've put a Sport rear skirt on my pre-facelift 211. I have bought four cheapo stainless 60mm tailpipes and am in the process of welding them into twins and will be bracketing them to the skirt not the silencers. No-one will know the difference when it's done. (other than everyone on here that is ;):D)

The bonus will hopefully be that they won't get stained by soot over time.

Replacement silencers are itro £300 each so if anyone wants to upgrade go right ahead. :crazy:

Eh? I don't believe they totally changed the exhaust system between the I6 and the V6 engines? I think it is a back box job.

I'd have thought so myself but when I spoke the the MB parts department they said it was a different system. It wasn't an off the cuff remark the guy took my details and went through the system to compare mine with the later one, even got the mechanics involved before calling me back the next day. Apparently there are 4 different E320 engines in total.

Would have thought taking the path of least resistance the V6 headers would have joined into the older style middle section. Fitting the newer back boxes I thought might be the best way as my 2004 is still on the original exhaust system and a pair of newer (secondhand) boxes could be picked up from a breaker.

Well serves me right for thinking then.....:wallbash:

Hey Druk - where did you get the sport rear skirt from? Is it the whole bumper or just an exchangeable part? Any part numbers?

Mine came off a damaged bumper off ebay. It unclips from the main bumper part once the bumper is off and is a direct replacement for the standard one. Luckily mine had the parking sensor receptors for the early sensors. Later ones may be different and the early sensors wouldn't fit. Expensive mistake.

Part number for a skirt from a pals facelift Sport 211 is A211 885 25 25. Your risk.

Last edited:
So is that just the valence on the rear bumper? i.e. the black bit on this picture?

Attachments

• sport.jpg
    sport.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 77
No, mine is an estate. The lower valance goes all the way from wheel to wheel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom