w211 facelift to pre facelift suspension difference

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boblydon

Car
merc e320...jaguar xk
Hi,

Couple of quick questions which hopefully some one may know the answers.

!/ Is the rear subframe the same unit in the facelift/pre facelift estate w211 models, also is the subframe the same one as fitted in the saloon cars.

2/ Are the rear hubs the same as the above.

3/ Are the subframes/hubs different in different spec cars ??, i.e. comfort/avantgarde/sport........and for different engine sizes i.e. 180, 280, 320.

The reason i ask is that i have a 2008 E320 sport which had suffered light N/S panel damage, the rear hub assembly had also broken, i got a second hand hub unit and fitted it, however my rear wheel now sits slightly out of alignment in the wheel arch compared to my other E320 which is identical spec and year.

There is no signs of any subframe damage or under carriage damage in the slightest and every thing lines up perfect, no snapped bolts etc.

When i got the other hub assembly i also got all of the connecting rods etc, i have checked that none of the these are bent/twisted by comparing them, so that can't be an issue.

My last hope is that there is a slight difference in the actual hub units between models/model years, however i personally can't imagine that mercedes will have spent that much time and money manufacturing different suspensions/hubs.

Any help/advice will be gratefully received.

Bob

Got a bit of an update, having spent like what seems forever trawling the internet and time at the dealers, it now appears that i may have a hub assembly from a saloon car rather than an estate, or a E320 without air suspension pre facelift. Never for one second thought there would be so many different parts numbers, or variants of different rear hubs.

Have just relieved my self of £550 at the dealers for a new rear hub assembly via my VIN number, so hoping all goes well when it's fitted hopefully tomorrow night.

Will keep you's informed !!!

Bob

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom