W211 Facelift Wing Mirror Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

t-dawg1

Car
Mercedes W211
The wing mirror folding mechanism stopped working a while ago and I believe the motor has packed in. I managed to source a repair kit from Mercedes so now I'm looking for instructions on how to remove my current wing mirror assembly to replace the motor. Thankyou

The mirror glass and backing clip off of the motor.
Then on the outside edge there is a black clip in cover.
Once these are off all the screws you need to nemove are visible and it should be self explanatory.
The above took me a good hour to work out one day lol.

Hope it helps.

Steve

Herishi said:
The mirror glass and backing clip off of the motor. Then on the outside edge there is a black clip in cover. Once these are off all the screws you need to nemove are visible and it should be self explanatory. The above took me a good hour to work out one day lol. Hope it helps. Steve
Thankyou Steve so you reckon its a doable DIY job? I'm good with spanners as I do all servicing and maintainance of my car. Thankyou for the advice I'll inbox you if I get stuck

sorry to hijack the thread but my passenger side mirror isn't folding at all, so sounds like the motor has gone completely. i thought i might be lumbered with a new unit from mercedes but didn't realise you could just buy the motor, any chance you have the part number? thanks a lot, Rob

Have you checked that the wiring hasn't broken?

and again sorry for butting in, got the same problem, mirror not folding in passenger side. hoping it s just the wiring. however cant work out how you get the glass off without smashing it, tried everyway i can think of. but no joy,any help would be appreciated. thanks

There are 4 clips round the edge of the mirror ease these off one at a time and the mirror comes off easy. Took me ages to work it putative first :)

As said there are 4 clips around the mirror which can be released with a screw driver.
My drivers' mirror has lost the top half of its lacquer?, so I bought a replacement mirror off the bay for £12. Only trouble is it does not have the heated mirror fittings, so if I fit it will the folding mech. still work?

The mirror glass and backing clip off of the motor.
Then on the outside edge there is a black clip in cover.
Once these are off all the screws you need to nemove are visible and it should be self explanatory.
The above took me a good hour to work out one day lol.

Hope it helps.

Steve

Is there a easy way to just pop outer cover off 07 W211.

This gives you a fair idea how its done.
No need to remove the glass. Just tilt it in to avoid the cover when it slides off.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This gives you a fair idea how its done.
No need to remove the glass. Just tilt it in to avoid the cover when it slides off.

Thanks. I think my mirror is different with a small arm leading to door.

No. You need to follow the instructions that have already been posted. I did mine this week. Here's a photo with the mirror and internal clip already removed.

image.jpeg

my mirror is different , I am not home yet to check. But it’s auto folding and sits on a smaller arm
Protruding from the door then my mirror is mounted on the arm
, not directly to the door.
I might be wrong ,but 90% sure it’s not as in photos.
Will see once I am in tomorrow.

I
No. You need to follow the instructions that have already been posted. I did mine this week. Here's a photo with the mirror and internal clip already removed.

View attachment 79711

my mirror is different , I am not home yet to check. But it’s auto folding and sits on a smaller arm
Protruding from the door then my mirror is mounted on the arm
, not directly to the door.
I might be wrong ,but 90% sure it’s not as in photos.
Will see once I am in tomorrow.

I

My mirror totally different it turn from a arm from bottom of mirror , it does not fold as in video . The mirror cover totally surrounds the mirror

same here, facelift model mirror not working and is different to the ones listed above
anyone figure out how to get the facelift mirror off (without breaking it) to check for broken cables?

same here, facelift model mirror not working and is different to the ones listed above
anyone figure out how to get the facelift mirror off (without breaking it) to check for broken cables?

Nice one AMGeed.
Looks fairly complicated, I thought and was hoping for something a lot simpler :(
I recently took apart a camera lens worth about £500 to fix a loose screw... easy, then put it back together and it no longer focuses :(
not sure i am up for this task, but i might give it a go rather than shel out straight away to mercedes.
will have to wait for warm weather and brighter days to kick in first though i think.

Stevie it is easy to do, but yes... it is not as easy as the pre-facelift wing mirrors.

I have recently taken some apart to clean, repair, lubricate and retrofitted to my pre-facelift car, they give the car a more modern look.

Where abouts are you located?

Stevie it is easy to do, but yes... it is not as easy as the pre-facelift wing mirrors.

I have recently taken some apart to clean, repair, lubricate and retrofitted to my pre-facelift car, they give the car a more modern look.

Where abouts are you located?
Dublin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom