W211 Facelift Wing Mirror Removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stevie it is easy to do, but yes... it is not as easy as the pre-facelift wing mirrors.

I have recently taken some apart to clean, repair, lubricate and retrofitted to my pre-facelift car, they give the car a more modern look.

Where abouts are you located?

Hi
Regarding the retro fit what’s involved... Is it a straight plug and play with electrics...? I’ve got a E63 front fit and want to do the mirrors and boot on my 55
Cheers
Lee

Hardest part is drilling into the door to allow the wing mirror mounts to fit into the door, so not quite plug in and play.

All the electrics on the driver’s side works fine but the heating feature is not working on the passenger side. I need to investigate this, it could be that the pins in the plug are in a different position for the facelift model.

Finally, you will need to source the right used wing mirrors with the correct wires, and correct colour where possible.

So, I’ve seen facelift mirrors with 1 and then with 2 electric connections...? im assuming that it’s the mirror with 2 that runs the heated bit or am I wrong?
Thanks again
Lee
P.s do you have pics of where and what to drill to take the different mounts ?

Hi Lee, I will PM you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom