W211 Factory Recalls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beardz

Car
Merc E220 (S212) CDi SE Exec Estate & Merc CLK320 Cabrio A209
Hi guys,

Is there anyway i can find out if my E320 needs/has been factory recalled other than getting in touch with Merc dealership?

I read that there was a recall in 05 re: SBC problems, 06 for issues surrounding limp home mode and also in 08 when the issue was power loss.

All of which i have had intermitantly since i've owned the car.

Mine is an 05 V6 CDi does it apply?

Why wouldn't you want to get in touch with Mercedes to find out about the recalls they have done?

Why wouldn't you want to get in touch with Mercedes to find out about the recalls they have done?

well guessing in order to see the reason why his car was not recalled due to the same problems that occurred on other cars.

well guessing in order to see the reason why his car was not recalled due to the same problems that occurred on other cars.

Still doesn't make sense.
Just phone Mercedes head office at Milton Keynes and ask them...:confused:
Who else is going to do factory recall work?

sweetpea said:

Just my local dealer treats like I'm not worthy of their time or effort. Would prefer to verify independently first rather than get fobbed off. Of course any recall work requirements should be carried out by MB although I trust my indie more.

I was considering getting my local inde to do the recent SBC modification post for the buzzing (albeit not a recall) as I suspect the alternative would be a lengthy 'discussion' ending in no good will with some arrogant **** at Mercedes - which I am not sure I can be bothered with.

Might not be the same reason mind... :D

Just my local dealer treats like I'm not worthy of their time or effort. Would prefer to verify independently first rather than get fobbed off. Of course any recall work requirements should be carried out by MB although I trust my indie more.

Bingo (almost)!

:bannana:

Speak to Mercedes head office at Milton Keynes, they are a lot more eager to please than the local stealers. They * should * have everything that's been done by any Mercedes dealer on their records.

sweetpea said:
Speak to Mercedes head office at Milton Keynes, they are a lot more eager to please than the local stealers. They * should * have everything that's been done by any Mercedes dealer on their records.

I'll give them a go and see what they have to say hopefully there won't be an issue but I have no confidence with local stealer. Just an example: I went in to chat about buying an e class estate and all the sales guy would drivel on about was buying a smart car! Plus when I took my new car to them for a check over they were very put out I hadn't bought it from them

I contacted the head office in MK and got the recall information and recall work carried out on my car. They were very helpful so approach the HQ direct. I didn't bother going through my local MB dealer as my car wasn't bought from them.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I contacted the head office in MK and got the recall information and recall work carried out on my car. They were very helpful so approach the HQ direct. I didn't bother going through my local MB dealer as my car wasn't bought from them.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

That's good to know.
So do you just ring them up and ask over the phone? What's the number and who do you ask for? (Dept. etc.)

Or do you have to write to them?

That's good to know.
So do you just ring them up and ask over the phone? What's the number and who do you ask for? (Dept. etc.)

Or do you have to write to them?

Hi,

I mailed the UK HQ via this email.

State what information you require and you'll get a mail received confirmation. Someone from the Customer Team (based in Holland I think) will contact you. They'll ask you for your vehicle's reg and VIN number and also a scan of your driving licence.

Hope this helps. Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Managed to get a free new SBC pump for mine.

I've emailed the HQ to try and find out what the score is on mine.

I also contacted a reasonably local dealer who I got recommended to by someone I work with and have arranged to have recall work done by them.

However, their recall system advises only of a fuel tank level issue.

I asked about the SBC but they are none the wiser.

I said I would print out the Star Bulletin and bring it a long.

The post where I found it reckons MB are refusing to do it on 04 or newer although that might just be in the US.

I'm not sure if I hear the noise or not but I definitely get buzzing through my foot on the 4th or so press the of the brake pedal in succession.

Mercedes Head Office got back to me saying there was nothing outstanding on mine - contrary to what the dealer who ended up doing the recall work stated.

:confused:

Unfortunately they broke a fuel pipe whilst doing the recall, but replaced it FOC although it took a while to get the part from Germany.

They did a firmware update in relation to the SBC and whilst my buzzing is very slightly still apparent, it is a lot lot better than before. I would have thought the modification would fix it but they weren't prepared to do that FOC / good will.

I doubt I would get more good will as I don't use the dealer ordinarily.

Shame though as they were very good.

I notice on the VOSA site a few recalls relating to SBC.

Not sure if there was a recall re the SBC, but Mercedes replaced mine free of charge when the car said it had reached it's servicable life, despite the car having done over 200k miles and being 9 months out of warranty. I did not even have to ask for a goodwill gesture from them.

I guess they replace it if it is fooked or do the breather mod if it's not - or in my case this firmware update (which maybe is not as good as the mod but cheaper as they don't have to replace brake fluid etc.).

I'm not sure why they would replace it unless goodwill - I would have thought it would be like anything else dying which you would normally have to pay for...

:dk:

According to my main dealer, Marcedes were aware of problems with the system and were replacing them free of charge when they reached the end of their serviceable life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom