W211 GLOW PLUG RELAY SOURCING

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W203Wanderer

Car
W203 C180K
Hello I have a common problem on my W2 11 2000 E class Mercedes E220 170hp diesel. The glow plug light stays on for a minute after starting, I have replaced all four new glow plugs to no avail. I think it must be a glow plug relay? Unless anyone else thinks otherwise? I cannot seem to find one on the Internet to buy, can it be any brand? Help would be very much appreciated thank you

The W211 was not released until 2002 ??
What engine is that, OMXXX

I had a glowplug issue on my W211 E320CDi.

I replaced all the glowplugs but still had a fault.

I checked the wiring harness - it was fine.

I was about to order a new control unit, when I thought I'd double check the plugs.

Turned out one had had some sort of instantaneous failure and warped! Once replace, everything was fine.

Upshot being, might well be worth double checking your new plugs before ordering anything else.

BTW, have you tried running a scan to see what shows up?

I was about to order a new control unit, when I thought I'd double check the plugs.

Turned out one had had some sort of instantaneous failure and warped! Once replace, everything was fine.

Upshot being, might well be worth double checking your new plugs before ordering anything else.

BTW, have you tried running a scan to see what shows up?
The op’s problem was 6 months ago buddy

The op’s problem was 6 months ago buddy
D'oh! Oh well, still useful to share information and experiences for anyone searching in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom