W211 Glow Plug Relay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
Hi all,

I prviously mentioned cold starting problems....had the car on Star and the mechanic tells me its the Glow Plug Relay.

I have a Tier 1 warranty on my W211 E320 CDI, rang MB Manchester and did not get a straight answer wether its covered, they suggest I drop the car off they will ignore my star print out results , do their own and if same answer ask MB if its covered???? (they will want £100 for star diagnostic if they decide its not covered!)

Assuming it is the relay, its not specifically excluded from warranty as the glow plugs are.....so should be a straight answer you would think....

Anybody had this done under warranty????

Firstly, the CDi engines should not have a starting issue due to the glow plugs, they are quite comfortable starting without them in this climate.

As regards to the relay, the cost is around £120 +vat iirc so I would push either the dealership or MB to give you an answer on this first then go from there. Someone, somewhere should be able to answer it.

I believe the relay is easy to change (similar to my W210) so worst case scenario you can do it yourself.

I would be more concerned as to why it doesn't start first time everytime. Can be due to fuel lines, O rings, injectors or even the HP pump. Is the fuel filter clean?

Good News

Took the W211 into Mercedes Manchester yesterday,it was the Glow Plug Relay, covered under warranty, all sorted no hassle :D

They even had the car up on ramp and sent me a video of the technician giving the car a health check......thankfully he said "I can find no faults" :bannana:

Car washed and all my mint wrappers cleared out of the drivers door bin

Had a cup of coffee and drooled over the A45 with full AMG Aero pack, although not sure I like the side skirts....bit OTT. The salesman tried to tell me that the A45 gives good mpg.....only if you drive like miss daisy I would have thought :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom