W211 Hands Free question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc_forever

Hi Guys

This is my first post and I am sure you regular posters are sick of this question but I need some help!

I have just bought an 05 E350 estate with Comand but no prewire. I need a handsfree kit but would ideally like something that would integrate with the systems on the car.

From reading this forum it seems that having the prewiring retro-fitted is a non starter on the w211, is this correct?

I guess if I cant get the prewire I am looking for an off the shelf solution but one that will at least integrate with the steering controls and it would be great if I could get caller display and phonebook options via comand......

The most important thing for me is that there are no additional wires or control units on the dash as I dont any clutter.

Can anybody out there help me out?

Thanks
Ryan

Last edited:
VIN would help to figure out if your antenna supports cell phone frequencies. You would get an idea of an OEM kit here:
http://www.comandonline.co.uk/product.php?productid=16151&cat=256&page=1

I see it is using a "simple to install" antenna which is probably fine even if not exactly OEM. If you were after BT HF, you would not need the antenna anyway.

Installation involves a bit of work and version coding would need to be done by an MB workshop or an independent that has SDS.

Where are you ? Retrofitting the integrated system but in the main glovebox is relatively simple - putting it in the main glovebox is a lot harder

Richard

I am in Northern Ireland so think im on my own regarding retro-fitting.

I think I got a reply from you earlier via the comand website, I guess I will run with the prewire to the glovebox and stick a bluetooth cradle in there. Dont need the phone to charge.

Will be in contact via email.

THanks
Ryan

There's a new system supplied by a company called celsus.

The system is called canblue. it interfaces with the instrument cluster display as opposed to the comand display and it give you full control through the steering wheel.

http://www.celsusice.co.uk/Default.aspx

you'll be able to get the contact no. from the site, the product is new so there's not alot of info on the site about it. i would suggest speaking to them.

I have fitted a couple of the these to w211 and w219(cls) and they work very well. It uses the same instrument cluster comm port as the ipod/tel and adopts the factory telephone menu. the kit fits at the back of the 211 and 219 with comand so if you do go for this kit make sure you ask for the mic extension loom.

You can retrofit pre-wire to the car but if you want it fitted as per the factory with the split centre console it could prove to be quite expensive.

Alfie at comandonline can supply the parts for the phonekit and possibly the centre console.

hope this helps

Chard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom