W211 head on collision, what to replace after crash?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Serbi

Car
W211
Hello, i'm new here so i hope i'm posting in the correct area.

I bought an w211 e200 kompressor late 2004 model, the car was involved in a head on collision, only the front airbag deployed, and the seat belt was discharged.

My question is does anyone have knowledge of what exactly do i have to change to make the car safe, and the srs light to go off?
Airbag, seat belt?(including the pre-tensioner?), airbag module(can be fixed with StarD?), front impac sensor?

Would be grateful for a little help!

... and sorry for my bad English :p

Serbi

Attachments

• IMG_5890.JPG
    IMG_5890.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5889.JPG
    IMG_5889.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 83
I hope you and no one else was injured firstly. I would say scrap it/ remove serviceable parts and pick up another.

By the time you have fixed that up you could have bought another. Chassis legs probably bent and god knows what else out of eyes view is damaged.

The engine is fine, working without a problem, chassis legs are alright, I'm ok, nothing happened 2 me, i want to make this car running again, already bought the hood, bumper and front wings, just need to buy the intercooler, radiators, gmv, and the car is revived, but i would also like to make it safe do everything by the book, meaning all the srs errors to be resolved, thats why i need to know what parts should i change...

In the UK, a 2004 with air bag deployed is a breaker...
It's scrap.

Maybe so, i live in Romania but the car is from germany, i just want to know what new parts 2 buy, for the srs to be functional and error free.

Maybe so, i live in Romania but the car is from germany, i just want to know what new parts 2 buy, for the srs to be functional and error free.

You already seem to have a good idea on what needs to be replaced from the SRS system. But plug your diagnosis tool first when you have fixed everything else and check which new parts are really needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom