W211 headlight switch fascia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL03WLY

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 03'
So the lighting panel as most owners know have a gooey finish now over the years. So I tried cleaning it up but the residue was still present and scraping it seemed like the only way to get it off ( due to lack of patience). So saw a replacement fascia on AliExpress and replaced it. Cost me £20 and well worth it instead of faffin about with other products

results speak for itself my advice is wedging the screwdriver behind the old panel underneath the barrel to pop off the knob as you can’t get it off with the knob in the way 33A50E67-D6AD-4585-BF9A-718298E99D1F.jpeg0C5AF120-7B59-45DA-8E67-F88634D7EDF1.jpeg2635D1C7-9CE8-4228-A188-5F1A12367F05.jpegA0794947-BF9F-43FF-A7BA-61C0AD464B20.jpeg

So the lighting panel as most owners know have a gooey finish now over the years. So I tried cleaning it up but the residue was still present and scraping it seemed like the only way to get it off ( due to lack of patience). So saw a replacement fascia on AliExpress and replaced it. Cost me £20 and well worth it instead of faffin about with other products

results speak for itself my advice is wedging the screwdriver behind the old panel underneath the barrel to pop off the knob as you can’t get it off with the knob in the way View attachment 117043View attachment 117044View attachment 117045View attachment 117046

Hey mate,

I'm still having trouble getting the knob itself off, where exactly are you sticking your screw driver to pop it off?

What is it you are contacting and jiggling? Pushing down or left or right? Is there a tab? A clip? Are there two? I wish the video had words to explain and a good view of the switch end after it is removed to figure out what is keeping it from coming out, then how to overcome the snag. Help ??? Thanks

Yes, where? Is there a tab, a ledge, what? And do you press down, acrross left or right? Thanks

Yes, where? Is there a tab, a ledge, what? And do you press down, acrross left or right? Thanks
Had a look on the Ali express site and they don't appear to have the RHD version with the opening for the headlamp washer button. Do you have a link? I found one but it said that it was not compatible with the E240.

Last edited:
Had a look on the Ali express site and they don't appear to have the RHD version with the opening for the headlamp washer button. Do you have a link? I found one but it said that it was not compatible with the E240.

Hi,

I went with Model B from

Thanks

Sorry for late reply. So in the 1st pic you can see the place where my screwdriver is placed. I wedged it in between the panel and the unit and pushed the screwdriver handle downwards so to separate it but you have to push it far enough in as you can see in the 2nd pic to get behind the barrel and push hard. Thats best way I can describe it.

Ah! I didn't realise this was a thing. I just put it down to a previous owner being a skank!😲🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom