W211 Headlight switch illumination not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
I noticed earlier in the week that the Headlamp switch on our W211 is no longer illuminated around the outer section where you select "Off, Auto, Side lights, Headlights" etc.

The central rotating part of the switch still lights up and all lighting functions work.

Is there an easily replacable bulb?

Thanks in advance!

Are you sure it was illuminated before? Pretty sure it is only the centre part that lights up.

Are you sure it was illuminated before? Pretty sure it is only the centre part that lights up.
Well that's a very good question.

Unsure why I would suddenly think it had been illuminated previously but dementia may play a part here! 🤔

That bit isn't illuminated on my 2006 CLS either, always thought it strange when they went to the trouble of illuminating the air vent controls. Or on my 2020 Vito either.

That bit isn't illuminated on my 2006 CLS either, always thought it strange when they went to the trouble of illuminating the air vent controls. Or on my 2020 Vito either.
Thanks.

No idea why, after over 3 years I suddenly noticed it!

I noticed earlier in the week that the Headlamp switch on our W211 is no longer illuminated around the outer section where you select "Off, Auto, Side lights, Headlights" etc.

The central rotating part of the switch still lights up and all lighting functions work.

Is there an easily replacable bulb?

Thanks in advance!
It never illuminated David. :D

Thanks.

No idea why, after over 3 years I suddenly noticed it!
It's something I noticed recently myself. You'd logically expect it to be illuminated on a premium marque tbh, no idea why they don't. But then both my vehicles are set in "auto" for the lights so I guess you don't need it to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom