W211 Heated Steering Wheel retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

masterross

Car
E320 Avangarde
Hi guys,

Looking for W211 Heated Steering Wheel retrofit.
Can you give me some hints?

Regards,
Ross

At least the following: -

a) Steering wheel
b) contact spiral
c) switch pack to operate it, I think its part of the memory steering wheel switch
d) Wiring (I suspect 2 looms, one for control unit and one connecting it to the contact spiral)
e) Control unit - on ML same control unit does vented front seats and heated rear seats, I suspect same is true of W211

On older W211 series, heated front seats done in same control unit, newer W211 done in passenger SAM - I'm mentioning that as you may have the control unit already !!

Richard

Thx mate.
Will check the right part numbers in WIS tomorrow.

Regards,
Ross

There is too much parts lol! :)
Attaching the info.

Attachments

• Steering wheel heater (LRH), function.pdf
    58 KB · Views: 129
  • Steering wheel heater (LRH), block diagram.pdf
    35 KB · Views: 109
  • Steering wheel heater electronics, location_task.pdf
    54.2 KB · Views: 108
And the rest of the docs.

Attachments

• Remove_install switch for steering wheel heater and steering column adjustment.pdf
    35.2 KB · Views: 96
  • Remove, install DC_DC converter control unit for steering wheel heater.pdf
    79.4 KB · Views: 86
Gloves it is, then. Thanks for saving me the work of digging all that stuff out, as I'd been considering the same job...

Mm. Too much like hard work as it only pre-heats, and the 12V sockets on the 211 are only live when the key's in and turned. Gloves FTW. :D

Looked at this when I had my E270. Main issue isn't the fitting as it's reasonably straight forward - it's the horrendous cost fo the parts!!

Looked at this when I had my E270. Main issue isn't the fitting as it's reasonably straight forward - it's the horrendous cost fo the parts!!
The parts cost a fortune compared to the factory fit option cost. We have a heated wheel on the SLK. Its brilliant and was without doubt the best £110 we spent when speccing the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom