w211 heated wing mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cmarkod

Car
w211 220CDi
My near side wing mirror is not getting very warm. Drivers side is very warm to the touch after a few minutes and demists rapidly. The passenger side is only luke warm to the touch and takes several more minutes to demist. There is obviously a live feed to the mirror as it is heating somewhat. Any ideas as how to investigate further?

hi,

sorry cant help but have exactly the same thing on my 211 as well.

sounds worrying like they could all be like this?

cheers

Dirty or corroded connector? With 12V it doesn't take much to reduce the current.

How old is the car?

It s a 55 plate just out of warranty:(. I'll check the connectors though as see if anything is going on there.

this may be a silly question, but I've not had the car long and have driven it even less, what do you turn on to activate the heated mirrors? Thanks.

They work below a temp of 15degrees auomaticaly.

To OP. Swap the glasses over if you can to see if there is any difference. failing that I suspect the glass needs replacing.

I noticed the same thing this morning, drivers side cleared up fine. Passengers mirror did nothing..

Cables may be starting to fail. Perversely made from non-flexible wire.:mad:

My late 2004 211 is doing exactly the same thing - the passenger mirror heats up but it is very limp whereas the driver side is very quick .... Clearly a "known problem".

Perhaps it is something to do with the driver's side also being the auto-dipping glass (I realise that the two functions - heating and dipping - should be completely independent of each other).

Philip

hi again,

did anyone come to any conclusions with this? its getting quite annoying now the cold mornings have arrived and its frozen up.

will be a trip to the dealer i think as mine is under warranty till may 09.

would rather fix myself tho if anyone has found the cause?

cheers and safe driving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom