W211 ICE, music/phone connectivity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hosh85

Car
Mercedes Benz E240 W211
Hi All

Hope everyone is well.

Just a quick Q, was thinking about the ICE in the car, and I was really anting to be able to connect devices, either hardwired via USB or Bluetooth, not overly bothered.

I know that there are upgraded Bluetooth versions of the centre console phones which may do the job. And having done a quick search on here i found a thread that stated there may be a need to upgrade the actual head unit to one called “Audio20” The car is W211 from 2003 so I imagine i defo don’t have this, although there is an AUX button on my head unit, although would I be able to assume this is for the phone, I have had a look in the glovebox etc but I can’t find any other Aux in’s unless I have missed them?

Are the above the only ways this will be possible? I ask because on previous cars I was able to hardwire an aux cable directly into the head unit or in this case possibly to the centre console phone which in turn is connected to the head unit, the main onus is to play music, I am not too worried about phone connectivity,

If there are any other smart ways of me doing this I will be happy to hear it.

Many thanks

Hoshil

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom