w211 instrument cluster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

streethawk

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320cdi sport
Hi as anyone removed the cluster on a facelift w211? My speedo seems to be sticking in various places. Tried talking battery off which made it go back to zero but as soon as I drove it it's stuck at 30 ish mpg so I assume the gear ring is broken! With any luck. Also my sunroof has stopped working since battery off. Blinds went back in steps then it's now stopped with nothing working . Think I've got to disconnect battery again and some how reset roof . Any information would be good thanks.

Open roof fully in steps and close and that should reset that

Cluster may be damaged now, you can send them away to be repaired

Open roof fully in steps and close and that should reset that

Cluster may be damaged now, you can send them away to be repaired

I would but the blinds and roof don't move but it's shut . Think I need to take battery off and try again. Sure this only happened as I stopped half way through opening blinds as my has were covered in oil.

We have seen that on those clusters many times. Recommend Bba reman for these.

Hi Jay. Looking on line and it seems the gear ring snaps which jams it up in certain places and there is a YouTube clip that shows how to replace pointer. Is this what Bba do? Plus how do you remove cluster? Is there a specific way to remove shroud around the binacle. ? Thanks Carl.

different on a w211 AMGeed

Sticking Speedo Needle

I have a similar issue with a sticking speedometer needle. Car was bought off an independent dealer and is still under their warranty. I had a dashboard bulb replaced in it previously, and now speedometer is sticking.

They believe the issue is due to the clocks being out to replace the bulb. It is in with Auto Electrics firm to have the speedometer "recalibrated". I'm hoping this is a simple fix...

If anyone has any info., or has had similar experiences, I'd like to hear it.

Cheers all,
D

I have a similar issue with a sticking speedometer needle. Car was bought off an independent dealer and is still under their warranty. I had a dashboard bulb replaced in it previously, and now speedometer is sticking.

They believe the issue is due to the clocks being out to replace the bulb. It is in with Auto Electrics firm to have the speedometer "recalibrated". I'm hoping this is a simple fix...

If anyone has any info., or has had similar experiences, I'd like to hear it.

Cheers all,
D

Iam waiting for a new gear ring which is part of the needle. It's coming from aks speedo on the net and £35 and fit yourself. Look on YouTube for aks speedo and it shows how to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom