W211 Interior/Ambient Lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bakili

Car
Mercedes E320 CDI W211
Hey guys
Had my W211 over month now, still learning how to operate gadgets
Today I noticed that interior lights won't come on when doors are open or car unlocked. They do work from switch on interior light but not from key fob or opening doors
I believe car has ambient lighting (not sure what this means :confused:) is it light strip around interior lights? On rear interior light strip lights up (brightness can be adjusted with switches provided) but on front interior light cluster above rear view miror light strip is not lighting up :confused: is it a case for just replacing bulbs or supposed to be like this?

Thanks in advance :thumb:

Thanks

Could not wait for darkness, so got out and put cloth on windscreen sensor to trick car. Truly it is working now lol. Thank you
I can see now front interior light strip lighting up but not as bright as rear one. Is it anyway to adjust front one as well?

Also reading owners manual, noticed few option which I am not sure if car has? Cornering lights, motorway lightning and adaptive lights. Car has xenon lights factory fitted? How can I tell if this options are present in my car?

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

My understanding is, if it is in the menu then it is available.
Also, something seems to ring a bell that you can adjust the front and rear ambient lighting independently, but I can't be 100%

My understanding is, if it is in the menu then it is available.
Also, something seems to ring a bell that you can adjust the front and rear ambient lighting independently, but I can't be 100%

is it through on-board computer, as i found menu, ambient lighting 0......3.......5
set to 5 but still front interior light less brighter (hardly can see) than rear one
Thank you
Will see how it will look in the morning, 5 am getting up.

is it through on-board computer, as i found menu, ambient lighting 0......3.......5
set to 5 but still front interior light less brighter (hardly can see) than rear one
Thank you
Will see how it will look in the morning, 5 am getting up.

The cornering lights appear to be gimmick...UNTIL YOU HAVE HAD THEM !
They will not operate unless you are going below a certain speed which I forget now.. Something like 10mph

2. My rear ambient lighting also appears dimmer than the front but then you don't really want to keep a beady eye on rear seat passengers . . DO YOU ??? :eek:
Brilliant cars the 211 :D

sspeed said:
The cornering lights appear to be gimmick...UNTIL YOU HAVE HAD THEM !
They will not operate unless you are going below a certain speed which I forget now.. Something like 10mph

2. My rear ambient lighting also appears dimmer than the front but then you don't really want to keep a beady eye on rear seat passengers . . DO YOU ??? :eek:
Brilliant cars the 211 :D

Thanks for reply

I read that cornering fog lights operate,40mph +
Any way to test it? I remember on my VW Passat, I could see cornering lights operating by car just idling with st wheel turned to left/right or indicators turned left/right.
Ambient lighting on my other way round, front appear to be dimmer than rear.

Agree with comment, brilliant cars the 211.

I have set the ambient light to 3.. That's done from the instrument cluster..
Just have a play.. You cant do any damage.
Don't be tempted to set them too bright as its quite distracting if you ever venture down dark country lanes..
Have you got Bi Xenons as well ??
They are literally brilliant.

sspeed said:
I have set the ambient light to 3.. That's done from the instrument cluster..
Just have a play.. You cant do any damage.
Don't be tempted to set them too bright as its quite distracting if you ever venture down dark country lanes..
Have you got Bi Xenons as well ??
They are literally brilliant.

Will change to 3 then, as I did other day set ambient lighting to 5.
Yes car has Bi xenon as well.

Will change to 3 then, as I did other day set ambient lighting to 5.
Yes car has Bi xenon as well.

I was just trying to view the photo of your car..
Do you have the optional 17" wheels?
If so how do you find the ride / road noise?
I am contemplating going downsize to 16".. They were an official option and so I won t be bodging anything..

No mate, I have 16" wheels, will be upgrading to 17" or 18"
Find ride quality very comfy and no road noise but still want bigger wheels for looks lol
I know with 17" or 18" mpg will slightly less as well
Here is bigger picture ;-)

Road noise is more down to the design of the tyres than the size, now they have to quote the noise figures you can see the huge differences between them...remember, 3db is twice as loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom