W211 juddering

• Thread starter Deleted member 138290
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 138290

So, I’ve noticed a juddering over the last couple of weeks but put it down to a slightly buckled/ repaired front wheel... had it re balanced last week and was out but still got the juddering..... I’ve noticed it seems to be after gear changes and gets worse as the gears go up ??? Would the solenoids/ electronic plate cause this ?? I’ve read up on the issues with them...... however the gear s do bang a bit so to speak when I kick down and have been like this for a few weeks...... I’ve checked the drive shaft bearings and they appear ok...... not sure about the metal bearing..... the juddering I can feel thru the footwell and from the centre console I.e gearbox ?? Any ideas or has anyone else experienced this ?? Cheers

After 15 mins of research it looks most likely the torque converter...... as the judder is under my feet in the car and centre console..... also will be checking the drive shaft bearing/ holder..... early start for me tomorrow lol.....

When is it juddering? when is it better / worse / worst? Idle, reversing, driving, braking?

Sorry guys ! Only when driving, but at the moment it Feels a bit intermittent, I think it’s there all the time when driving but sometimes I can feel it more the faster I go..... I currently drive very steadily, no kick down and barely in get to 70 mph.... I will try revving up on the drive in a bit and also see if I can see what state the mounts are in....

Mounts seem ok engine/ gearbox however I’ve driven to my local town and the vibration is actually under driver seat and I put my hand on the centre console lid and it’s vibrating there so can only guess it’s the bearing that sits in the carrier ?

Bloody iPhone didn’t update my post ! Anyway just had another quick drive in village and when went round the little roundabout at the south end of my village, just coming off the roundabout and the back end juddered so much it shook the car ! Hope it’s not the diff ???? I crawled under car earlier and poked the prop shaft in between the ex pipes with a long screwdriver and there was movement but nothing I would consider to worry about..... I will be popping to my local garage 1st thing in the morning n ask him to look when he can !

Bloody iPhone didn’t update my post ! Anyway just had another quick drive in village and when went round the little roundabout at the south end of my village, just coming off the roundabout and the back end juddered so much it shook the car ! Hope it’s not the diff ???? I crawled under car earlier and poked the prop shaft in between the ex pipes with a long screwdriver and there was movement but nothing I would consider to worry about..... I will be popping to my local garage 1st thing in the morning n ask him to look when he can !

Have you checked codes?

Could point you towards lockup in the TC.

Has the car had a radiator change, as i see its a 2003

Didn’t get to check the trouble codes, will do AM. Original radiator as far as I’m aware, why ?

Didn’t get to check the trouble codes, will do AM. Original radiator as far as I’m aware, why ?

Because early 211's had a Valeo Radiator which is prone to failure, Its the 1st thing i change if buy a -2004 211, Cant remember the chassis number break when they upgraded to the behr units.

Coolant system is fine........ haven’t had to top the system up apart from when I flushed it last year

When my TC went it was noticeable under load, specifically at around a steady 40mph uphill, it felt like driving over motorway rumble strips.

Oh I see, regarding the radiator and wow that’s different lol..... these nerve really are unique lol..... well I put my diagnostic on today but no TC faults showing.....

Just read up on the iirc and that’s very interesting as can potentially drain the battery..... I have the quick heating issue too funnily enough ! Hmm

Well I definitely don’t get a boost of hot air when engine is started up as I’ve just tried it so either booster relay is goosed(wherever that is?) or booster itself has given up ? AND it looks like it’s a dash out job on my merc .... as for the memory seats, I can’t get under the seats to disconnect the modules so can I pull the fuses ? Wherever they are too lol ?? But I think all these gizmo s are quite possibly causing the battery drain on my merc....... atleast I know where the aux relay is and will get that replaced in better weather. I’m a drowned rat currently !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom