W211 juddering

• Thread starter Deleted member 138290
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's definitely worth getting a proper diagnosis from someone with dealer level scan software, before throwing any more money at it.

After an inspection and test drive my mech found mega play in the rear o/s top front suspension arm. He should me by shaking the wheel and there must have been a good 1/2 inch of movement !! And I had play in o/s track rod which I’ve done today..... so when I fit the new arm(which should have arrived today !) now tomorrow, I will see how the car is...... I’m going to update on my 3rd brake light issue after this too....

No 5 speed but the rear upper control arm bush has a lot of play and my mechanic suspects the movement in that wheel to be the cause of the shaking...... tho I’ve yet to get the arm replaced as taken me a week to get the right part due to mistaken identity...

Well that arm was loose at the hub, no idea how ????? Anyway took my car for a drive again this morning as I noticed the juddering intermittent yesterday and today it’s not even doing it ????? All I’ve noticed is slight wheel in balance.... so I’ve no idea what was causing it and hopefully it’s stopped......

Well that arm was loose at the hub, no idea how ????? Anyway took my car for a drive again this morning as I noticed the juddering intermittent yesterday and today it’s not even doing it ????? All I’ve noticed is slight wheel in balance.... so I’ve no idea what was causing it and hopefully it’s stopped......
I appear to have to swap this arm on my W211 E280. It looks like there is no access to hold the bolt on the chassis side. Is it the case that the subframe needs to be dropped to gain access or am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom