W211 limp mode reset.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boxer 01

Car
w211 e320cdi sport g7 with paddleshift
Hi I have been trying to work out what I should do with my e320cdi 2007 which is currently only driving in 2nd and reverse. On selecting drive it feels as though its jumping into 2nd rather than smoothly (I assume this is the limp home mode). I have had the rear left reluctor ring (which was badly corroded) and speed sensor changed which was the original fault according to stored codes, before the work was done I could drive the car with abs and esp lights showing although steering went tight and a few times it did only drive in 2nd but after turning off and on everything would be fine, but the day before the work was going to be carried out for some reason the car would not change up from 2nd, manual sport comfort button would not work and the paddle shift would not work I assumed after work was carried out and fault codes cleared the car would go back to normal but with no faults present I am still stuck with above problem. Is this the limp home mode and why is it not ressetting, is there some hidden fault codes which can only be read by star and then reset by star.
If one of of the experienced members were to advise I would be grateful.
Regards
Boxer :wallbash:

Ps. I have tried disconnecting battery to no avail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom