W211 Mirror indicator lense

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scubafill

Car
W211 E280 CDI
Got my wing mirror clipped yesterday breaking the indicator lens. :(

Its a 2005 W211 E280 CDI

Can I buy replacement clear lens and fit it myself or is my local dealer going to empty my wallet again?

If it is a DIY job does anybody know the part number and explain how I get into the cover?

Thanks

Sorry guys

I did a search but spelt lens "lense"

I have now found a couple of replies but would appreciate somebody pandering to my insecurity by confirming how this is done on my model.

Phil

Yes you can replace just the indicator lens. To do this, remove the mirror cover itself (there is a separate thread on this somewhere but - from memory - fold the mirror in and then there is a large "tang" to press with a screwdriver and then the cover slides off). With the mirror cover off, replacing the lens is self evident and easy. I think the lens is about £20.

Fold your mirrors as you look at the exposed back of the wing mirror on the outside you'll see a small hole stick a flat bladed screwdriver in the wing mirror cover is held on by a tab, you need to get the tab to move to the left(if you are working on the near side) as you look at it, as you do this the wing mirror cover should be able to pull out(pull towards the rear of the car away from you).

When you get the wingmirror cover off you'll see the indicator is held on by a couple of small phillips screws.

I had to do this recently, dealership charged me just over £28 for the new indicator unit which comes as a unit with preinstalled leds(does not appear to be serviceable itself).

To fix the indicator unit back on I found it easiest to first to put the wing mirrors back out to the usual driving position, slide the wing mirror cover back on then fold it again then push the unit home where it clicks into position. Just amke sure it wont slide off again as it could be alittle more expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom