W211 Mirror Indicator Wiring Frayed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model 3 LR, Model X /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
I’m 99% sure the wiring for my RHS mirror indicator is damaged as I folded the mirrors in when in London and after unfolding them the indicator LED has stopped working?

All other functions still work fine.

In terms of fixing this, do I need to remove the entire mirror unit from the car? or is it possible to see the damaged wires when removing the rear cap? Any help is much appreciated.

thanks!

Abs - when I had that car, Terry Gates repaired the wiring to that mirror and disabled auto folding in order to stop it happening again - sounds like it's possibly going to need more extensive work this time round. Think you'll need to remove the mirror frame from the door in order to properly access the wires.

Abs - when I had that car, Terry Gates repaired the wiring to that mirror and disabled auto folding in order to stop it happening again - sounds like it's possibly going to need more extensive work this time round. Think you'll need to remove the mirror frame from the door in order to properly access the wires.
Thanks Gordon - hope you’re well :)

Just remove the cover, you will then be able to see the wires.
Slight problem is they are all black usually. :)

Either trace the one for the turn signal with a meter/tester and pull this at various points or do the same for all. You will get to the point where you feel it broke and the plastic stretches. A bit of heatshrink and a soldering iron and it's sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom