W211 misfire cylinder 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Car
E200
W211 e200 1.8 year of construction 2003

Engine code: 271 941

Reason: Engine was defective (car did not start), bought a used engine and replaced the old one.

Problem is not solved with this, car starts now and runs. Only indicates the following error messages:

- misfire cylinder 2

- serial dynamo interface, no connection to control unit n3 / 10

- catalyst defect

- SRS restraint system defective in dashboard

- indicates that all electronic devices are disabled in the dashboard

- red battery message in the dashboard

What has been done so far?

- Sam module replaced in the rear of the trunk

- dynamo overhauled (and has been tested)

- Battery checked at the rear and was ok

- replace the front auxiliary battery

- replace motor wiring harness

- replace the spark plugs

- replace ignition coils

Compression measured:

Cylinder 2: 95

Cylinder 1 2 3: 155

An important point:

When starting the car, the engine vibrates violently after a few seconds and the car has no ability to accelerate properly. But when the car is started and immediately driven away, the car do not vibrate and the car also has its power to accelerate. The car only starts to vibrate after the car is put in neutral or below 1000 rpm.

The car also smells to gasoline when turned on.

Next steps I am considering:

- Contact the seller of the used engine and indicate that the engine is not in order and install a different engine.

- I wonder if the ECU might not be the culprit? What do you think?

Hi there, sounds like you are having somewhat the same issues as myself. Maybe check out my post to see some of the things I carried out for the symptoms we have. Just to state first I am no mechanic but I know my way around an engine. The compression figure on cyl 2 is more than likely your issue as it looks like there is a valve damaged or becoming stuck open in operation. I understand what you mean that it only seams to happen between certain revs but I think it is that you just can't feel it all the time. If you could put your hand behind the tail pipe you would feel it pulsing as the misfire still exists. Don't throw loads of new parts at this issue I believe its a valve issue, try to disprove this first but as it is a Mercedes it can also be a million other things just as easily. Good luck with it.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom