W211 Navi map

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
In a previous BMW, to update the maps you just replaced the DVD with a newer one.

I presume this is the same in the W211?

I would have thought anyone who upgraded their disc would sell their old one on eBay... I was hoping to find a cheap disc which is a couple of years old or so...

Don't use it much but would be nicer to have a newer map disc as mine is from 2004 I think.

You are chief ICE.

I didn't really want to spend £150 on it though.

I've used it twice in 17 months!

I bought a used v10 from baytoe11 on eBay.de. He's a German seller and is happy to send to the UK if you ask in advance - adds about €10 to the price.

Cost me about £40 to upgrade from v5 to v10. Check the part numbers carefully, as there are myriad different discs out there. Beware "too good to be true" prices (e.g. £20 for v12) as these are copies.

As far as people selling older versions go, I doubt that many people would upgrade often enough to make the old version any use to you. Those that have enough spare cash to do this aren't going to waste time selling the old version.

When I sell my current Car I will put back the 2007 version and then sell the V13 disc or offer it to the new owner for a side cash sale.

TMC actually works

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Is there any difference between v7 and v13?

I hope so for £158 Harry! :doh:

Don't know yet as I only installed it 3 hours ago and I probably won't use it now till Sunday when I head down to Trax 12.

If I don't turn up you know it's all gone Pete Tong! :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom