W211 - New Car - Old Tricks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy Stanton

Wifey was telling me about a 'brand new' company car, a W211 Estate (presume that's still a W211 then), delivered to a guy at her work this week.

He was chuffed to bits until he saw the delivery mileage - 148 miles!!! To make matters worse (yes, really) he couldn't get into it in the following morning because the key fob wouldn't unlock the car. Completely dead.

He was both embarrassed and angry at seeing his shiney new motor loaded onto a breakdown lorry on route to the MB garage. No doubt his BMW neighbours were sniggering through their net curtains...

Needless to say this farce is being pursued with the leasing company. 148 miles 'ain't delivery mileage.

I know we've covered this before. Just thought I'd let you know it's still going on...

Andy Stanton said:
Wifey was telling me about a 'brand new' company car, a W211 Estate (presume that's still a W211 then), delivered to a guy at her work this week.

He was chuffed to bits until he saw the delivery mileage - 148 miles!!! To make matters worse (yes, really) he couldn't get into it in the following morning because the key fob wouldn't unlock the car. Completely dead.

He was both embarrassed and angry at seeing his shiney new motor loaded onto a breakdown lorry on route to the MB garage. No doubt his BMW neighbours were sniggering through their net curtains...

Needless to say this farce is being pursued with the leasing company. 148 miles 'ain't delivery mileage.

I know we've covered this before. Just thought I'd let you know it's still going on...

The trouble with leasing is you do not always know where the car originated from. If you source it from your local dealer then the mileage is just "delivery", if the lease company source it then it could come from anywhere? :confused:

I've seen lease cars that are driven half way across the country to be delivered, they are rarely sourced from a local dealer. Some lease companies will deliver the car on a trailer, mine did so it only had about 10 miles on the clock.

Andy Stanton said:
Wifey was telling me about a 'brand new' company car, a W211 Estate (presume that's still a W211 then)

The estate would be an S211

You'd hope that any decent lease company would trailer such a car to the company, not drive the darned thing.

Not sure where it came from but wifey's on the case and I'll let you know the outcome/explanation.

Andy Stanton said:

If it came via MB Corporate Sales & then to to the leasing company, they have just one depot which does all the PDI work. For reasons linked to dealer stupidity my S211 (eventually) had to come from MB Corporate Sales and turned up with 98 miles on the clock and in the hands of a third party delivery driver.

Leasing company will not give a damn. They are only interested in the finance margin which is partly driven by the miles on the clock at the end of the lease period. I would let it pass, for life is too short.

I

Latest stance on this is that MB have offered no explantion for the mileage but have offered £150 in MB branded goods of his choice. This offer has been bounced and the sage continues...

Since discovered that he picked the car up from the dealer direct so there's even less excuse for the mileage!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom