W211 new shocks and springs - query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mbz124

Hi,

I've just replaced shocks x 4 and springs x4 on my w211 03' avant saloon (sachs), but ride is still incredibly bumpy. Do the shocks bed in after a while?

I did adjust the height on the front shocks with the circular clip to match the height on the original shocks. This distance being bottom mount hole of shock to base where the spring sits.

Have I missed something out here?

Any ideas?

cheers.

So, did you use Sachs springs and shocks? If so, that's probably the cause of your problem. The only way to restore the original ride quality is to get the parts from MB by giving them your VIN. Poor tyres can also cause a harsh ride though.

sachs is the original supplier to mercedes. Getting to the 211 suspension i run 3 211 mercedes as taxis and in my opinion the suspension is quite rough, we just did all 4 springs from mercedes and all 4 shockers from sachs on a e280 cdi still felt the same, so we then replaced the engine mountings gearbox mounting and rear subframe bushes that coupled with 4 new michelin energy tyres has transformed the car it now copes with all surfaces.the biggest improvement in what i thought was suspension judder over harsh road surfaces was engine mountings.

Thanks for responding Mark - I had a pair of Michelin primacy 3's 6 months ago and they are both out of shape so the retailer is going to take them back and refund. Should I stick with the Primacy 3 again or go for the Primacy HP?

cheers.

I just changed my front shocks on my e270 03

The originals were Sachs. But oil filled

I'm sure the new ones are gas filled.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

i have only ever used michelin primacy 2 and 3 or michelin energy, i have always got 30000 miles from a full set never had any go out of shape, they are a cracking all round tyre

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom