W211 newbie issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

007JAY

Car
W211 E320 Sport
Apologies in advance, these are probably all issues that have been covered but I don't have the best attention span and the Comand manual is about to go out of the window.
Car is a 2008 (July) W211 E320, sharkfin aerial on roof which from threads I have found says it might be a facelift.
It appears to have 4.0GB of space but does not highlight the 'copy music' option - only tried with discs as no SD card reader (yet) to put music on SD card. Will this correct itself with an SD card installed or is it even worth trying to load it up with music?
2 amber LED's in the centre console - what are they?
Can the great chunk of useless looking plastic be taken out of the centre console to make it a more useable space?
I've worked most of the car out but these are giving me a headache! Thanks in advance.

Apologies in advance, these are probably all issues that have been covered but I don't have the best attention span and the Comand manual is about to go out of the window.
Car is a 2008 (July) W211 E320, sharkfin aerial on roof which from threads I have found says it might be a facelift.
It appears to have 4.0GB of space but does not highlight the 'copy music' option - only tried with discs as no SD card reader (yet) to put music on SD card. Will this correct itself with an SD card installed or is it even worth trying to load it up with music?
2 amber LED's in the centre console - what are they?
Can the great chunk of useless looking plastic be taken out of the centre console to make it a more useable space?
I've worked most of the car out but these are giving me a headache! Thanks in advance.

If the car is a 2008 it will be a facelift. If the comand has an SD slot it will be Ntg2.5 and should load music from the sd card if fitted. Having said that a 32g sd card probably holds way more tunes than needed! Does the centre console have a single lid or clamshell? If its a clam shell there are two storage areas - I seem to remember a top shallow area and another below?
The two LEDs are ambient lighting.

If the car is a 2008 it will be a facelift. If the comand has an SD slot it will be Ntg2.5 and should load music from the sd card if fitted. Having said that a 32g sd card probably holds way more tunes than needed! Does the centre console have a single lid or clamshell? If its a clam shell there are two storage areas - I seem to remember a top shallow area and another below?
The two LEDs are ambient lighting.
Greek God - thankyou, slowly learning the car!
NTG2.5 is useful info, SD card reader on order to allow music to be put onto a card
Not found the clamshell (two 'levers' as you look at it) so will have a play
The plastic appears to be a phone holder but no phone so will have a go at removing it to make more space - if I can build a campervan from scratch a little bit of plastic shouldn't give me too many issues

Great choice of car - I am a huge 211 fan!

BTW, you may well have linguatronic and not realise? I didn't at first

Post a pic of the "plastic" and I am sure you will get advice

Great choice of car - I am a huge 211 fan!

BTW, you may well have linguatronic and not realise? I didn't at first

Post a pic of the "plastic" and I am sure you will get advice

Thanks Gollom, slowly getting to know it - first MB I've had.
Will look up the linguatronic & the console will get some attention at the workshop over the weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom