• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W211 OM642 Limp mode, Turbo replaced

Good to hear you have fixed the fault that was causing the limp mode to kick in.

I'm hoping for a similar outcome when I hear back from the Indy I use on the cost of replacing a reconditioned turbo and other issues that may have raised when the original turbo on the car failed 228k miles.

If the cost of the work is to much I doubt I'll put the w211 e320 back on the road. I'll make the call this week ahead.

Fyi I paid £279 for the Turbo and £300 for the indy to fit (Inc gaskets etc)

Fyi I paid £279 for the Turbo and £300 for the indy to fit (Inc gaskets etc)

Thanks for the info 👍

I actually had a figure of around £600 pound in my head to hopefully sort out my troubles. I know it doesn't sound that much money but it is when bundles of money have been previously been spent on an older high mileage vehicle. If this is the case of the numbers that have been mentioned here are about the cost, I would more than likely go ahead and hopefully have the issue's sorted. The car really drives well when all working in good order. Great work horse the w/s211.

£600 sounds reasonable to me .... Having been thru the pain some years (and 78,000 miles) ago.
A trusted garage friend did the job for me.
From what he said (and what I saw) it looked a messy job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom