W211 OM642 O2 sensor location - P0030

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welby

Car
W211 e320 cdi sport
Hi all

Under the car now and I can find only one O2 sensor on the car, is this correct? I found the downstream one at the bottom of the CAT, upstream ones can't feel or see any. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Hi all

Under the car now and I can find only one O2 sensor on the car, is this correct? I found the downstream one at the bottom of the CAT, upstream ones can't feel or see any. Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Yep only one that's it. Just did mine 3 days ago.

Yep, great thanks for confirming. All sorted - swapped it out with a new one, code cleared. Will check for codes in a day or so just to be sure. Just the glow plug control module now and hopefully back to full health.

Cheers

<UIImage: 0x807ebf0> size {1, 44} orientation 0 scale 2.000000

Welby said:
Yep, great thanks for confirming. All sorted - swapped it out with a new one, code cleared. Will check for codes in a day or so just to be sure. Just the glow plug control module now and hopefully back to full health. Cheers <UIImage: 0x807ebf0> size {1, 44} orientation 0 scale 2.000000

Yes I can confirm it only has 1 O2 sensor

Over a week since I've swapped the O2 sensor and what a difference, slick, sweet running and much leaner fuel air mixture ratio, much much less soot out the exhausts and never had 47mpg out of it at 75mph for 100 miles back from Birmingham last week. If you've late 30's mpg then check your codes for the same error.

Poly v belt and glow plug control module next. Cheers

Over a week since I've swapped the O2 sensor and what a difference, slick, sweet running and much leaner fuel air mixture ratio, much much less soot out the exhausts and never had 47mpg out of it at 75mph for 100 miles back from Birmingham last week. If you've late 30's mpg then check your codes for the same error.

Poly v belt and glow plug control module next. Cheers

Great to hear it's been a success - with the difference it makes you'd think it would be a service item - it would pay for itself in no time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom