W211 Parktronic Fuse keeps blowing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL03WLY

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 03'
Hello All,

So, I'm having to replace the 10amp fuse in the boot. Believe its F003? Everytime I listen to anything using the Aux, after a couple of days I guess (Can't really pin point the scenario) but it just blows out. Any idea's what could be causing this or how one can test this out as I'm not too clued on with electronic (To be honest, a lot of things in life).

Many Thanks,

Could be the device that is plugged in, could be the lead to it that is damaged, not sure if anything else uses that fuse either but am sure some better suggestions will turn up.

F3 should be a 7.5 A fuse. It feeds the Navi processor, TPMS system and TV tuner in addition to the parktronic system.

Are you referring to the audio AUX port at the glovebox or the TV tuner?

F3 should be a 7.5 A fuse. It feeds the Navi processor, TPMS system and TV tuner in addition to the parktronic system.

Are you referring to the audio AUX port at the glovebox or the TV tuner?

Hmm thats interesting. I guess someone in the past put a 10amp there.I mean its works fine once replaced but no idea how to replicate the issue that leads to it blowing. As I play something via Aux and have it charging at the same time but even doing this it'll last a while. Will put 7.5 now and see. Also yes, the aux in the glovebox

As I play something via Aux and have it charging at the same time but even doing this it'll last a while.

"Charging it" refers to your music source? And you are charging via the cigarette lighter socket? Should not really burn F3.

Wonder if the previous owner has installed something that powers up from F3, any wiring at the area?

"Charging it" refers to your music source? And you are charging via the cigarette lighter socket? Should not really burn F3.

Wonder if the previous owner has installed something that powers up from F3, any wiring at the area?
So I have the apple charger and aux splitter cable. However, after replacing the fuse with the 7.5 amp the stereo works but the parktronic doesn't seem to turn on. No lights showing now on the front and rear meters and no beep either.

The 7.5 A fuse does not blow? Did you try again with a 10 A fuse? Could be an issue with the Parktronic control unit or sensor wiring (I think not so typical on a 211 though).

I have no idea how the F3 affects your audio via the AUX port, hopefully someone else has some ideas. The Apple charger is likely a switcher with floating secondary ground. Otherwise a ground issue might make the charger current flow via the AUX port ground (which is not good enough). Have you tried AUX audio with the charger disconnected?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom