W211 Problems With Command / Door Lock / Battery

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

orangeboy

Car
E320 CDI Avantgarde
Hi there.

I´ve had several problems with my W211 Avantgarde (2004) recently.

Firstly, the driver side door started to take several attempts to unlock properly- this was a pain, but bearable.

Then, a very strange thing started happening- the Command system started turning itself on when the car was locked- draining the battery.

This happened the other day, and as a result I had to jump start the car. At the time, the command was working, but after I had removed the jump leads it stayed permanently off.

I have unplugged the battery, in the hope it would re-set- nothing.... although for a few moments, I can hear the CD changer trying to operate.

Also, I have tried to locate the fuse for the command, but cannot see where it is. I´ve taken out, and replaced the fuses in the main box on the driver side.

Any ideas guys?

Could it be some kind of power conservation device, active until the battery is fully charged?

Thankyou.

Last edited:
Common problem is the spring in the door lock fails making the lock hard to operate.

This could be inadvertently connected to Command thinking your entering the car and its preloading Navi and other settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0WG8AopV0o

Thanks for your help.

Turns out it´s a problem with the alternator. Does anyone recommend a parts company, new or second hand?

Also, how many hours work is it to fit a new alternator?

Thanks again.

Hi again,

Can anyone provide me with the appropriate part no for either a Mercedes, or Bosch alternator?

Are these part numbers correct for the model? (W211 Avantgarde (2004))

BOSCH 0124625014
BOSCH 0124625045
BOSCH 0986048550
BOSCH 4855
LUCAS LRA02827
LUCAS LRA2827
MERCEDES 0131540002
MERCEDES A0131540002

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom