W211 rain sensor issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pachanga 231

Car
E280 cdi sport 2007
Seems to work intermittently
Any way of testing it?
How easy to remove/replace
eBay ones are saying the replacement will need coding
Thanks in advance

My E 320, W211, is the same in light rain.
Need to use the manual lever some times.
Don't think anything wrong with system, just that the sensor is not that receptive.

My W219 CLS is the same too (as was my W209 CLK). It's normal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Make sure the outside glass is REALLY clean. I've also reset them by covering the sensor with duck tape for a while. Why that worked I don't know but it seemed to jog them back to normality.

Make sure the outside glass is REALLY clean. I've also reset them by covering the sensor with duck tape for a while. Why that worked I don't know but it seemed to jog them back to normality.

Tried the duck tape for a couple days but not sorted.
How easy are they to change and how would you know if the used replacement isn't also faulty.

On my W210 if you disconnect the sensor and turn the wipers to 'auto' it should wipe constant as if on setting I.

It may need calibrating, i'm sure I read somewhere on here or the other side that STAR can do this however when I had my new screen fitted a few weeks ago I don't recall him doing anything via the diag port. Not much help I know, sorry. I'll see if I can find the info later

My CLK can be a bit random with the auto rain sensor,sometimes they work perfectly other times the lightest of drizzle will send the wipers into a frenzy. Strikes me the system is about as much use as the convenience close that will not work in sunlight. My previous JAG had all the toys and everything worked all the time,maybe I should have kept it.

Does yours have 2 settings for sensitivity?

Mine has 2 clicks on the stalk for intermittent, the first needs a good bit of rain to set off and the second less so.

Just disconnected the sensor part which gave me chance to note the part no.
Thought it might just reset it but hasn't done.
If I get a matching part no is a straight swap or does it need recoding via star
Thanks

Haven't read anything anywhere about recoding so will try to find a second hand one or may even give the stealer a call. Stopped working altogether!!

Should be some on ebay, stealers will tear you a new one :)

All eBay ones are different part no
Dronsfields it is

Have you got the part number? This may help, hopefully I have the right numbers without the VIN

EPC shows part numbers

A2118203126 replaced by

A2118202285 replaced by

A2118206026 HERE and HERE replaced by

A2118705426 HERE replaced by

A2118701585

This is based on a W211 E270 211.016

My understanding is any should fit but I am happy to be corrected

£63+ from stealers. System wouldn't recognize my part no so seems like it has been superseded but they wouldn't give me the replacement number!
On the way to work this morning it was working intermittency again
So If I go for a used one I'm going for the one ending in 6026?

If you post/PM your VIN I will make sure the most current part number is correct. The used 6206 seems a good buy as for £16/£20 it's a cheap replacement. It is stated as fully working so at worse you send it back. If you want a new one with Warranty, you can check prices/order from here

A2118206026

A2118705426

A2118701585

If you post/PM your VIN I will make sure the most current part number is correct. The used 6206 seems a good buy as for £16/£20 it's a cheap replacement. It is stated as fully working so at worse you send it back. If you want a new one with Warranty, you can check prices/order from here

A2118206026

A2118705426

A2118701585

Ok thanks for that I wil pm you when home.

This website is supposed to be Cheaper than dealers or same price? As it seems same price as dealers I think. Did you say that the sensors are available on euro car parts site?

Ok thanks for that I wil pm you when home.

This website is supposed to be Cheaper than dealers or same price? As it seems same price as dealers I think. Did you say that the sensors are available on euro car parts site?

They are supposed to be the same as dealer prices (they are an MB dealer) but offer 10% off but you need to pay postage. Nope, wasn't me who mentioned ECP

OK slightly revised list matching your VIN

A2118203126 replaced by

A2118202285 replaced by

A2118702926 replaced by

A2118206026 replaced by

A2118705426 replaced by

A2118701585

So any of these will work, yours is an early one. The newer ones are normally better as they would have replaced/redesigned for a reason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom