W211 Rear calipers with "Sports brakes" do the pistons need a rewind tool?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E32O CDi Sport, MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
I have been meaning to get around to replacing the rear brake pads on the W211 (2008 Sport model) but other jobs keep taking priority and the car has hardly been used for 3 weeks.

Before I strip everything down and find I need another tool do the calipers need a wind back tool for the pistons or do they just push back?

If a wind back tool is required any recommendations gratefully received.

I have been meaning to get around to replacing the rear brake pads on the W211 (2008 Sport model) but other jobs keep taking priority and the car has hardly been used for 3 weeks.

Before I strip everything down and find I need another tool do the calipers need a wind back tool for the pistons or do they just push back?

If a wind back tool is required any recommendations gratefully received.
No tool required just push pistons back with g clamp or similar

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks!
I have used a G clamp and a piece of wood on many cars before.

sorry for going OT, but are your mats still for sale? I don’t have enough posts to ask on your advert and couldn’t work out how to pm. Thanks

sorry for going OT, but are your mats still for sale? I don’t have enough posts to ask on your advert and couldn’t work out how to pm. Thanks

For info : You cannot reply to classified adverts as stated on the adverts pages and you cannot send PM's until you have 30 validated posts.

For info : You cannot reply to classified adverts as stated on the adverts pages and you cannot send PM's until you have 30 validated posts.

ah ok, thank you...will have to get the mats from elsewhere in that case!

@BIG_G_1979

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom