W211 Rear Dome Light Assembly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Anyone know how it comes off or has a pic/video showing how its done? the little part that comes down sounds like a machine gun when opening/closing:confused:

Non pano roof?

That noise is the spring mech inside which holds it in place. Are you trying to change a bulb or actually remove the unit

No pano roof, I just want to remove it to see if i can fix it or brake it completely.

No pano roof, I just want to remove it to see if i can fix it or brake it completely.
I know this is an old thread but as it's titled rear dome light assembly and there's not a lot of threads on this specific topic I thought I'd add my experience. My problem was the lights in this assembly stopped working when the doors were unlocked/opened at night. Front dome fine, and rear switch operated reading lights ok but no courtesy lighting. It's an easy unit to remove, just carefully prise it away from the headlining (4 clips ) while supporting it with your other hand. The electrical ribbon connector simply pulls out (carefully !). As I have neither the knowledge or the technical equipment to test the circuit boards I just assumed that's where the problem was as power was obviously getting to the unit as the reading lamps were working. So I simply swapped the entire fitting for a reclaimed unit from a trusted supplier. Change out of £15.00 and about 10 mins of my time. Perfect ...... now all working as it should. BTW was quoted £300.00 plus VAT for this repair. Hope this may help someone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom