W211 Rear Light Pod Ambient Light, Fault?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gareth

Car
MX-5 Recaro
My W211 Rear Light Pod has two buttons, one for increasing the ambient light and one for decreasing it, pressing either button makes no difference to the lighting, with or without the ignition on. Faulty? Or am I doing something wrong, the car is under warranty.

Perhaps it only comes on when it is dark (I'm too lazy to go and try it), did you try it at daylight?

Perhaps it only comes on when it is dark (I'm too lazy to go and try it), did you try it at daylight?

Only come on with the outside light on. You can then adjust the brightness of them, from dim to dimmer!

I tried inside the garage with the engine running and auto lights on, no change to the ambient light level at all pressing either button (several times)

Did it work befrore and has stopped, or has it never worked?

have you checked it is turned on through the menus on the dash display?

My W211 Rear Light Pod has two buttons, one for increasing the ambient light and one for decreasing it, pressing either button makes no difference to the lighting, with or without the ignition on. Faulty? Or am I doing something wrong, the car is under warranty.

have you been into the ambient lighting section within the lighting sub menu on the settings menu on the cluster?

have you been into the ambient lighting section within the lighting sub menu on the settings menu on the cluster?

But isn't the cluster menu only for the front ambient light?

^ yes it is. It has never worked (for me) I've only had the car a couple of months.

Same problem

Gareth

I have exactly the same problem on my 2003 E320 CDi - the front ambilights are fine but there is nothing working in the rear. I have the panoramic roof and interestingly in the same set of switches there is a control to open the roof blinds but this doesn't work either. I also don't get any lights that come on in the rear overhead when I open the doors either, although the footwell lights do come on. I suspect that there must be some sort of ECU that controls this that has gone wrong - although I don't have a clue how this would be fixed! Does anyone else have any experience of this? :confused:

Thanks

I'm going to book mine in to be looked at.

Rear ambient light

Gareth

I have exactly the same problem on my 2003 E320 CDi - the front ambilights are fine but there is nothing working in the rear. I have the panoramic roof and interestingly in the same set of switches there is a control to open the roof blinds but this doesn't work either. I also don't get any lights that come on in the rear overhead when I open the doors either, although the footwell lights do come on. I suspect that there must be some sort of ECU that controls this that has gone wrong - although I don't have a clue how this would be fixed! Does anyone else have any experience of this? :confused:

Thanks

:) Guys I have the same problem on my 2003 e320 cdi Rear ambient light does not work, any ideas or clues please advise

please contact me on [email protected]

Will be much obliged.

Thanks

Rear ambient light

Gareth

Thanks

:) Guys I have the same problem on my 2003 e320 cdi Rear ambient light does not work, any ideas or clues please advise

please contact me on [email protected]

Will be much obliged.

Thanks

Rear Ambient Light

I had my car checked by he dealers today,
I have a pano roof,
The rear light cluster was faulty, Thats why the lights were not working
I nned to get it replaced.

Thanks

Mine started working on Friday, after the battery had been disconnected.

Mine stopped working after the battery was disconnected and I played with the fuses and it started working again, its now stopped working again and the fuse trick is not working, so will need to get it booked into to the dealer.

w211 rear light cluster

Guys,

Davidjpowell & Tan
Thanks for the response, David when you reconnected your battery did you need any aother codes to reset, regarding navigation or stereo,
I was thinking of doing mine as well,
Tan can you please give me the location for the fuse I have been looking every where but could not find the correct one.

Thanks

w211 rear ambient light

Did you manage to repair rear light cluster, is it coded to sam, i had a battery drain indie garage thought cause could be rear light cluster so unplugged, reading lights still work, front cluster perfect as do footwell lights at night, want to plug back in to test but frightened it may cause drain or put gremlin in system, advice thanks car is 2002 e320 elegance.

Guys,

Davidjpowell & Tan
Thanks for the response, David when you reconnected your battery did you need any aother codes to reset, regarding navigation or stereo,
I was thinking of doing mine as well,
Tan can you please give me the location for the fuse I have been looking every where but could not find the correct one.

Thanks

only just seen this. No codes had to be reset.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom