W211 rear suspension level.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevieno12000

Car
W211 E280cdi, BMW 118d
Morning guys. I have a minor issue with my w211 rear suspension level. It just seems to me to be sitting slightly higher than at the front. It raises and lowers as it should when the load area is emptied etc.
I plugged in my icarsoft scanner to check for sensor faults, none stored. The actual values state the suspension is at 6mm. Would I be correct in thinking this should be at 0mm when stationary? Under the car, the sensor looks clean and the arm free of issues.
Does this point to sensor failure even though there is no fault code? I'm a little confused, as if the sensor can read 6mm then why doesn't it send a signal to the bov to activate and lower the ride height?
Any help appreciated...
Steven.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure the ones I’ve looked at always read 0mm +/- 1

If the u clamp around the bar hasn’t slipped off the flat edge then slacken it and move it slightly on the bar until the level adjusts.

Ah, yeah that makes sense. I'll give that a go tomorrow evening. I'm just a bit confused as to why it says the ride height is at 6mm and it's not trying to correct itself. I believe the ride height is actually at +6mm. Weird.

Quick update for anyone reading this...
I checked all of the above suggestion and there were no issues with sensor or sensor arm. Whilst I had the car in the air I checked all joints and bushes for play. I changed the lower outer rose Bush on each side (the one that connects to the hub on the air spring pan arm) and now the car rides +/- 2mm.
Not what I expected to fix it, but it appears I have...
Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom