W211 Rear TV Screen Mount Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Just12310

Hey,
I have in my w211 a factory fit rear TV screen between the front seat mounted on the back of the centre console. The bracket is a bit loose I.e. It wobbles a bit and the screen sags. I have taken the screen off and have examined the bracket. The two white plastic bushes that grip the brass ball to allow swivelling have broken making joint loose and screen sag.

My question is can you buy the plastic bushes as spares from Harmon Becker the supplier of the kit ?

The rest of mount is OK and I hope it's bit of play can be tightened up. The dealer I believe will only supply the bracket A 211 820 0032 in the Color to match interior. Has any one had the same problem ? What is the price of the mount (A 211 820 0032 xxxx) ?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers

I have the same rear screen as yourself in my S211 and when I bought it, another forum member remarked that I should take care of the bracket because they cost about £600!!!!

I'll try and have a look to see who said it.

Edit: it was 'Alps' who said that if the bracket breaks it costs £700...

Last edited by a moderator:
Shock horror. Surely that must include the screen too ! The bracket is fine it's the plastic bushes that have broke so wonder if they can be bought as spares from Becker ? ,,,

Don't know about the bushes to be honest.

Have you actually asked how much these bushes are from Mercedes?

I have yet to contact mercedes but am pretty sure they will only sell complete bracket :(. Wanted to see if other owners had had same problem first as it must be common issue. Thanks

Just, yes the bracket does fall apart and yes thats JUST for the bracket, not the screen!

if you can open it up, try and fit the white plastic bits together, theres like a ring which acts as a spring to hold them together you should be able to push the ball of the screen side back in.

its a sh*t design, took me ages and sore fingers to get it all back together again!

Thanks for the tip. Before I reassemble I am tempted to contact Becker the makers and say how disappointed I am an could they supply me the bushes as spares. I contacted them before about broke knobs of a becker Renault factory fit radio and they eventually did pass me onto a A stockist in Germany who supplied the part. Renault like mercedes wanted to supply the whole unit :eek:

Just because Becker provide the screen it doesnt mean they made the bracket but worth a try emailing them.

Thanks for the tip. Before I reassemble I am tempted to contact Becker the makers and say how disappointed I am an could they supply me the bushes as spares. I contacted them before about broke knobs of a becker Renault factory fit radio and they eventually did pass me onto a A stockist in Germany who supplied the part. Renault like mercedes wanted to supply the whole unit :eek:

Let us know how you get on, im sure the mount is made by MB though.

Hi good news on this :) I decided to reassemble bracket today as I was not planning to enquire about the bushes etc from MB or Becker just yet. It was very hard to reasseble the bracket. The most difficult part was to replace the strong circular spring over the two halves of the bushes (top and bottom) whilst holding the brass ball joint in place. I was working alone so used tape to hold the bushes together. I then used a sir clip tool to hold open the spring so I could manueovrer it in place over the bushes and ball joint. This was incredibly difficult but eventually managed to achieve this. I was surprised how tight the joint became. I then proceeded to reassemble the bracket.

The screen is now so tight and adjustable with no sagging or floppy ness. If it stays like this I will be really pleased as it is now good as new. Best case it will stay like this worse case is the spring will slip of bushes again. Anyway job done for now.

same thing with mine, sore fingers hours later!

the brass ball actually can be pushed in after reasembly!

mine been fine 2 years later!

just remember it only tilts up and down not side to side, tell the rear passengers this too!

I suspect that one of the previous owners kids probably knocked or pulled it to one side :eek: pulling the ball out dislodging the spring / breaking the bushes.

I can see why the bracket is so pricey. The build is complex and the spring loaded hinge mechanism for the impact protection.

I ll definitely warn rear passengers not to touch !!!! And just to watch n enjoy.

Thx for the tips hope this helps other rear screeners ;)

would you believe it!

just come back home to find my screen hanging off, at some point in the day one of the rear seat passengers must have knocked or leant on it!

it wont pop back in as it has before so time to go through the pain of opening it all back up again! :(

quick update, just spent another 2 hours reassembling the bracket, this time one side of the bush was a little broken, but still have managed to get the clip back on, hoping it will stay in place now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom