w211 rear uneven ride height

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

teresacarl

Car
W211 E320 cdi Elegance
Hi,

I have just had the rear coil springs replaced because the 'drivers side' had snapped. However, there is still approx 10mm difference on the drivers side verse the passenger side. Both new springs are OEM so are the front springs which were replaced 5wks earlier.
I believe the rear springs have 'shims' in place and was wondering if it was possible that when the 'drivers' spring snapped, I may have lost a shim?

I would appreciate any thoughts /idea's on my dilemma.

A 10mm shim? .... I would be surprised, whereas, spring not located in carrier correctly ... quite possible. Other points of view will probably exist.

Cheers for the reply. I'll double check this in the next couple of weeks as I have just purchased an appropriate spring compressor and will check this out myself. The local garage didn't have the correct compressor and just used a transmission jack and brute force to remove / install the springs at the time, therefore, making your suggestion very possible.

I have just had a rear suspension sensor recall from MB.
Is it possible a sensor could be making the difference??? This is just a remote guess.

eclass w211 2008

Hi,

I have just had the rear coil springs replaced because the 'drivers side' had snapped. However, there is still approx 10mm difference on the drivers side verse the passenger side. Both new springs are OEM so are the front springs which were replaced 5wks earlier.
I believe the rear springs have 'shims' in place and was wondering if it was possible that when the 'drivers' spring snapped, I may have lost a shim?

I would appreciate any thoughts /idea's on my dilemma.

Check the front ride height, I think it will be out too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom