W211 Recall SRPC2001

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL03WLY

SUPPORTER
Car
W211 03'
Hello All,

Off of this thread -> W211 Sunroof Recall SRPC2001 I called up MB and seems its also outstanding for my car too. Anyone else here had theres in for this recently?

MERCEDES-BENZ E-CLASS (24/03/2000 – 15/07/2010) RECALL:
Problem description:
The bonding between the glass panel and the sliding roof frame might not meet specifications.

I see another thread here for this too Sunroof Recall | Mercedes News

I have had the letter but have not booked it in yet.

I had my letter (2006 C class) Lockdown prevented me from doing much about it , but then by pure chance I had to take my mother to a medical appointment at a private clinic adjacent to a main MB dealership. I popped in to the dealer and asked how long the procedure would take , they said 'a few hours' ? what , to check whether it needed doing or not ? it would appear so, and if the job needed doing (new sunroof cassette in some cases) then parts have to be ordered.

I figured if it has not fallen out in the last 148K miles and 14 years it is hardly going to fall out tomorrow but I will get it done , the first visit is just a check to see if it one 'on the list' to be repaired.

Had mine checked at some point last year .. No problem with mine so no new sunroof or seals 🙁.
Speaking to the guy who checked mine, it is date related, a few months in 2004. Mine being May 2005 didn’t even require more than a cursory look. Not even the suggested software update...

Yep had mine checked and all was Fine :)

Had mines done, they took 15 minutes and said they'll send me an email with a report. Not heard anything so can assume all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom