W211 - replace footwell lights with LED?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

S-class

Car
MB
Hi All

I've got a 08 W211 and find the ambient lighting very subtle, while driving can't really tell its on unless I actually look at the lights directly, I have it on the max setting too.

I was considering replacing the footwell bulb with a brighter one, I've seen on eBay a seller which sells this specifically for the W211, either white or blue which I'm considering going for.

Has anyone else done anything similar to improve ambient lighting, if so was just after some tips, I noticed the inside door handle also has a light but it's so dim you cannot see it at all, I only found it yesterday and I've owned the car for 5months.

ambient is meant to be subtle!

you can replace with aftermarket LEDs, you might not be able to control level of brightness with the LEDS though.

I quite liked the level of lighting on new S class, the W211 is a bit too subtle :).

I was just worried what LED's to buy to avoid setting off any error messages, one of my bulbs went and warning came up on dash, wasn't sure if LED's may have similar effect as it'll be lower power usage.

When I replaced my footwell bulbs with LED's I found they were actually not as bright as normal bulbs unless you have white shoes on. It did get rid of the yellow colour though.

No errors on internal W211 lights, might get flashing tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom