W211 sat nav language problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
The language text on my sat nav screen has turned to German how can I change back to English. Also the navigation doesn't work just a blue plain screen comes up when the navigation facility is opted. Can anyone shed some light or perhaps guide me through how to solve this. The car is a 2003 w211. Many thanks. Smoothcoupe.

Is it just the Nav or all menus, do you have Comand? To change the language of the Comand system from German to English. Press SERV, System, Sprache then finally choose English which should be the one below Deutsch.

If you do have Comand then you should have an NTG1 which had the DVD drive in the boot on the passengers side. Pull the 7.5 amp fuse in the fuse box next to the drive and wait 5 mins and reconnect, sometimes it's just a case that the Comand unit has lost most connection to the NAV drive.

The issue with it not working sounds like its frozen or a faulty gps antenna. First try a hard reset pulling the fuse for Comand and the nav processor. After re-inserting o for a drive. If it still remains the same check how many satellites it is picking up, if none then the gps antenna is faulty.

The blue screen is likely to be the sea. Try zooming out to verify my hypothesis.

If I'm right, the GPS antenna is your first port of call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom